COVID -19 UPDATE
1. The Texas Governor approved ONLINE CNA training.
2. The clinical requirement has been waived as visitors are not allowed in hospitals at this time during covid-19. You will not be required to go back and do the clinical portion.
3. The State testing requirement to get your CNA LICENSE has also been waived so that students can go ahead and start working right away, after they finsish their CNA PROGRAM at Legacy Career Institute. The testing centers are open so that students can take their state test to get their state license if they choose to do so. State testing will be required anyway after the waiver is lifted.
4. Why has the State Test for licensure been waived? Answer: More CNAs are needed now more than before and waiving the state test temporarily allows more CNAs to join the workforce faster as they are considered ESSENTIAL.
5. What does that mean for a CNA prospect? Answer: It means the new carriculum is very convenient and friendly to get your CNA certificate at this time, since testing and clinicals have been waived and online classes approved.
6. What shall students do in place of clinical training? Answer: Instead of the clinicals you will be required to do patient care simulations in the school labratory with manikins before you graduate. That is a total of 4 days of in person, patient care simulations at the school. This will certify and prepare you to get a job immedialtely after graduatiom, where you will receive further on the job training.
7. How are the onine classess structured? Answer: The online classes are on zoom video from 9:30am to 3:30 pm for the weekday program and 9:30am to 5:30 pm for the weekend program. You will need a phone or laptop or tablet or computer to attend the online classroom session everyday. The zoom video is live and your instructure will be teaching and guiding you from the comfort of your home. The zoom classes are not pre-recordings or self taught, the instructor comes on live everyday to interact with the students, just like if you were attending a physical class.
8. When are the in-person days? Answer: The in-person skills training days will be Monday to Thursday for the Accelerated 2 week program and for the 3 week program, Either the first or the 3rd week. Your schedule will be given to you during orientation on your first day of school. For the weekend program the in-person days will be the first and the third weekend. These in-person days can be changed or made flexible for out of town students or students that need other work/life accomodations. Please call to discuss when you enroll. Please see the full class times and schedule details below.
APPLY HERE >>> STUDENT APPLICATION FORM
This will open a quick 4 question application form. After you submit your application form, call 469-312-8885 to reserve your spot in the class and receive further instructions. We look forward to getting you TEXAS CNA Certified!